Nobody is born with enough experience to fight off the last living dinosaurs - or even a pigeon, for that matter. That experience can only come with age, but even age can not guarantee that a spider won’t make you scream as much as a saltwater crocodile will.
Experience and wisdom come with time, but your mindset can make up for a lack of it all. Keeping a positive mindset while you are travelling and while you are snug at home means everything to how you influence your own experience of your world. Both your home world and your travel world can be your real world, with the right mindset.
Our guest for this episode, Guy Earnshaw, brings to the table a couple of fun stories where he is confronted with a beast in the wild and did little more than shriek and run away. Guy and Hayden also talk to us about taking your travel mindset home with you and inspire yourself to stay positive, even when your boots are not on the ground somewhere far from home. Plus, Guy’s northern accent helps you pronounce “Cairns”, and he dictates his fear of specific birds.
Enjoy listening to Guy wax poetic about the Cairns rainforest, wax fearful about cassowaries, and join Hayden in advising on how to keep your positive travel mindset going year-round.
- 1:30 - Guy talks about the appeal of traveling to different locations
- People have tricked themselves into thinking that traveling is the only good time, but they can actually have a good time in between travels
- There are benefits to both “real worlds” - the travel world, and the home world
- Guy advises to keep a positive mentality, to bring a positive mindset to your home world, to be more open, talk to strangers, get lost, don’t go the same way to work every time, and to try to see the fun in the day-to-day
- Mindset matters more than anything when it comes to your outlook and your experience
- Guy will be travelling around just California in August for three weeks, and he invites listeners to come and see him while he’s there!
- 13:00 - A Cairns Adventure, A Coward’s Surprise - Guy starts telling a story from when he, his Uncle Martin, and his Uncle Martin’s nine-year-old grandson travelled in Cairns, a rainforest wonderland in Australia
- Guy proves (through a couple of amusing stories in which he shrieks, grabs his second cousin, and hides) that you’re not always what you’d expect you’d be when you’re adventuring, and you never know how you’ll react to a situation until it happens
- 24:20 - Travel Tip - Keep on top of safety in any city you’re in, don’t get scared and go over the actions so you don’t freeze up
- 25:38 - Guy advises listeners not to let being at home be the end of your enjoyment and your experience; take your travel mindset home with you and apply it to your hometown life - look for the beautiful things in your life at home
Check out our website at: Travel Stories Podcast Online
Email Hayden (he’ll answer everything) at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Hayden on Twitter and send him a Tweet (he’ll really answer everything) at: @travelstoriesuk on Twitter
If you want to contact Guy Earnshaw, go through Hayden on Twitter or through email and he will relay the message for you!